The Medallia Digital data connector allows you to create segments and perform analyses in DXA with survey data from Medallia Digital.
To use Medallia Digital feedback values as Segment filters, you must map the forms and fields you want to capture from Medallia Digital to DXA.
Key use cases
The following list highlights some key use cases for connecting Medallia Digital with DXA:
- Perform forensic analysis of Sessions with poor Net Promoter Score (NPS) or Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) to identify contributing factors that can be optimized.
- Perform aggregate analysis of Sessions with poor survey scores to identify Experience Issues and Behavior trends or Technical Errors that may have contributed to poor experience.
- Benchmark and attribute survey scores and feedback with DXA DXS.
- Perform Funnel and Journey Analysis on visitors who provided feedback that they couldn't complete the purpose of their visit.
- If you want to retain all session replays where users engaged with a Medallia Digital survey, enable weighted sampling on your DXA property.
- "Expose feedback record in custom events" must be enabled on your Medallia Digital property. Contact your Customer Success Manager to enable the following provisions:
- (Optional) 21DCR3_MPC3866_exposeVerbatimQuestionsInCustomEvent
Note: This provision is required if DXA should capture verbatim feedback.
Configuring the Medallia Digital data connector
- From the navigation bar, click the Connect dropdown menu.
- Under Data Connectors, click the Configure Data Connectors button.
Data Connectors Settings appears.
- From Data Connectors Settings, on the VoC tab, click Medallia Digital.
The Medallia data connector appears.
- Select Medallia Enabled.
When the integration is enabled, all sessions engaging in Medallia Digital feedback will be retained and available for replay in DXA.
Adding forms and fields from Medallia Digital
Map the forms and fields you want to capture from Medallia Digital to DXA.
To add forms and fields, click + Add Form.
The following settings appear:
The following settings are available:
|Please Name Your Form||Enter the Medallia Digital survey form name you wish to use in DXA.|
|Medallia Form ID||
Enter the Medallia Digital survey Form ID.
|Field Name||Enter the Medallia Digital form field name you want to use in DXA.|
Enter the Medallia Digital form field Internal Name.
|Field Type||Select one of the following field types:
|Remove||Click this button to remove the field from the table.|
|+ Add Mapping||Click this button to add another field from the survey form.|
- After adding the fields, click Save Form.
The form appears on the Medallia Digital data connector table.
- In the Medallia Digital data connector, click Save.
The Medallia Digital data connection is now enabled. DXA will automatically capture the values of any form fields added.
Creating Segments using Medallia Digital feedback values
Once enabled, a new Medallia Digital group of Segment filters is available which. These include any form fields configured in DXA.
To find the Medallia Digital Segment filters:
- From the navigation bar, go to Define > Segments > + Create.
The Segment creation screen appears.
- On the Segment creation screen, click the Add filters button.
A selection of tabs appears.
- Click the Medallia Digital tab.
A list of Medallia Digital Segment filters appears on the left including any form fields added.
The table below lists the Medallia Digital filters which are captured as standard alongside any feedback fields added:
To create a Segment for Sessions where a specific event is triggered on a Medallia Digital survey:
|Medallia Form ID||
To create a Segment for Sessions where one or more specific Medallia Digital forms are used:
|Medallia Form Type||
To create a Segment for Sessions where one or more specific form types are used: