The slack data connector enables DXA alerts in Slack.
Note: For more information, see Alerts Summary.
Enabling the Slack data connector in DXA
To enable the Slack data connector in DXA:
- On the navigation bar, go to Connect > Data Connectors > Configure Data Connectors > Communication > Slack.
- Under Slack, select Slack Integration Enabled.
The following settings appear:
- In Type, select one of the following options:
- Web API — Connects DXA to a Slack channel using an API token
- Webhooks — Connects an outbound webhook from DXA to a custom Slack app
Note: To configure incoming webhooks in Slack, see Sending messages using Incoming Webhooks in the Slack API documentation.
- Click Save.
The Slack data connector is enabled.
Sending an alert to a Slack channel using an API token
- When creating or editing an alert, in the Slack notification area, select Send to Slack.
- To select the channel to send the alert, click Select Slack channel.
- Click Save Alert.
When the criteria for the alert are met, the alert will be triggered and sent to the selected Slack channel.