Connect Google Optimize with DXA for insights into Google Optimize experiments using DXA features, such as segments and heatmaps.
Enabling the Google Optimize data connector
- On the DXA navigation bar, go to Connect > Data Connectors > Split Testing > Google Optimize.
The Google Optimize data connector appears.
- In the Google Optimize data connector, select Google Optimize Enabled.
- Click Save.
The Google Optimize data connector is enabled. After connecting Google Optimize, DXA will automatically capture information on Google Optimize session experiments.
Adding filters to segments leveraging Google Optimize session experiments
- When adding a filter to a segment in DXA, go to Integrations > Google Optimize.
The Google Optimize segment filters appear.
- In the Please select ... search box, search for the Google Optimize session experiment to leverage in the filter.
For experiments with variations, such as A/B tests and multivariate tests, DXA
captures the experiment ID and variant, as shown in the image below:
For experiments without variants, such as personalisations and banner templates, DXA
only captures the experiment ID, as shown in the image below:
- Click Apply this filter.
The segment appears under Segment filters on the segment creation screen.
- To save the segment with the added filter, click Save Segment.