The Medallia Experience Cloud OpenID integration allows you to centrally manage user access to DXA from within Medallia Experience Cloud Admin Suite. This integration allows for accelerated onboarding and an enhanced user experience when switching between products.
Key use cases
- Quickly onboard new DXA users in Experience Cloud
- Centrally administer DXA users by assigning permissions and property access in Experience Cloud
- Take advantage of existing Experience Cloud single sign-on (SSO) integration by adding DXA support without configuring SSO on both platforms
Requires Medallia Experience Cloud Express version 21CR6.0 [e79] or higher.
Enabling Experience Cloud OpenID integration
- On the navigation bar, go to settings > Account Settings > Security > Authentication Providers > Medallia.
- Select MEC Integration Enabled.
- Enter the required information in the Experience Cloud integration settings. All the required information can be found in Experience Cloud Admin.
Note: For information and support, contact your Technical Account Manager.
- Click Save.
The Experience Cloud OpenID integration is now enabled.
To finish integrating Experience Cloud with DXA:
- Create roles in Experience Cloud to assign users with access and control permissions.
Note: For details on how Experience Platform and DXA roles correspond, see Roles in Experience Cloud and DXA.
- Create an Experience Cloud unit for each corresponding DXA property.
- Grant new or existing users access to DXA in Experience Cloud.
Logging in to DXA for the first time with Medallia authentication
Roles in Experience Cloud and DXA
To assign users with access and control permissions, you must create Roles in Experience Cloud to be associated with corresponding DXA Permissions.
Permissions are coded in Experience Cloud and are outlined in the table below:
|Experience Cloud Admin Suite||Capabilities in DXA|
|Decibel role name||Permission name||Admin||Property settings||Reporting||Support|
|Deibel - Analyst||DECIBEL_ANALYST||x||x|
|Decibel - Admin||DECIBEL_ADMIN||x||x||x|
|Decibel - Super Admin||DECIBEL_SUPER_ADMIN||x||x||x||x|