Creating a webhook
- On the navigation bar, go to Connect > Webhooks > Configure Webhooks > Create New Webhook.
- In New Webhook, enter the following details:
- Name — A name to identify the webhook in Decibel.
- Destination URL — The URL of the destination to send the alert.
- To select one or more alerts to send to the destination, click +.
- Select one of the following authentication methods for the destination:
- None — The destination doesn't require authentication.
- Basic — The destination requires a username and password.
- If you selected Basic authentication, enter the Username and Password required to log in to the destination.
Note: Decibel recommends using credentials for an account that is not linked to a specific user, such as an account created only to manage the Decibel webhook.
- (Optional) To test that the webhook is able to connect to the destination using the Destination URL entered above, click Test Connection.
- Click Save.
The webhook is saved and appears on the top of the Webhooks table. The selected alert(s) will now be sent to the target destination when triggered.
Viewing, editing, and deleting a webhook
On the Webhooks table, click the webhook you want to view, edit, or delete.
The following tabs are available:
|Settings||Lists all details applied to the webhook when it was created or edited.|
Lists all instances when the alert was triggered through the webhook.
To view the server error message for a failed alert, click Server Response Details.
To edit the webhook using the same configurations available when creating a webhook, click Edit.